Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Project #2 Part 1

Composition: I wanted to use my tie dyed blanket in order to create more texture to the composition. The lighting was simple indoor lighting with a flash. I wanted her to do something the that reflected her personality.
Concept: My image is about my sister and her personality. She is often seen drinking coffee or other things like it so when i told her to show her personality she grabbed the smile face mug. which in my actual final image is missing the eyes.
Method: I had my sister just acting like her self when all of a sudden she grabbed my mug and held it up to her and it made me laugh because she held it up so that the face was facing outward which was a little different since she is actually right handed but she was using her left.
Motivations: My motivation was capturing a person in somewhat there typical state.
Context: I feel that it relates to my work in the sense that i enjoy capturing people in the natural state or a state that they like to be depicted. I guess my point of view would be somewhat from an anthropological point of view.



Composition: I wanted my figure to be somewhat off center from the whole of the composition. I also wanted to include the angles of the wall and floor of the room.
Concept: I think that this image is about a girl who might be an actor or dancer that is in a studio rehearsing or something like that and they are taking a break.
Method: This image is based off of a film still which i found online. I wanted to try and recreate it the same or at least as close as possible. I ended up adding in more of the space around my figure because i liked how the angles focus in on her.
Motivations: My goal was to try and capture the lighting that the original had but to a greater degree because i feel that lighting places and important part in this image.
Context: My image seems to relate to the typical stereotype dancer that is in a studio.




With this one it is pretty much the same comments as the one above but with this one i wanted to get a closer view of the person. i wanted to make it more personal and emphasize her looking out the window. Also with this one i like the fact that the background is clearer which helps with her looking out the window.
Composition: With this one the composition was not created ahead of time. I wanted to capture my sister doing something that she might do or something that might reflect her personality. I like that she is off centered and that the shot is closer up then some of the others.
Concept: I think that my image is about the craziness that is my sister. She is being attacked by flowers which is  funny because they are my flowers. I sometimes attack her for no reason just like the flowers seem to be doing.
Method: I had her grab the flowers and i was expecting her to hold them and then all of a sudden she put them in her hair and when she tried to get them out they were caught and looked like they were attacking her face. I wanted to capture it instantly when it happened so that's what i did.
Motivations: My goal was to capture her in the moment of the flowers being caught in her hair and that's exactly what i did.
Context: A lot of photographers often take candid photos which this one is essentially.

No comments:

Post a Comment