Thursday, October 28, 2010

Project #3 Part 1

Image 1(bust stop):
Composition: I wanted to be able to keep a little part of the bus stop  in the frame but have most of it as the reflection of the bus stop. The composition is somewhat tilted to create a greater illusion. The lighting is during the late after noon. Which was the perfect time to get the best reflection of the bus stop.
Concept: My image is about a bus stop that is somewhat abstracted so that when you first look at it you might not be able to tell what it is. There are a lot of angles and lines in my composition which makes it difficult to be able to determine which way you are supposed to look at it.
Method: Well i first took the image on my camera phone one day and i liked it so much that i wanted to recreate it for my project. I had to make sure i went back to the same bus stop at approx same time as when i took it with my cell phone. i tried many different angles as well as different amount of reflection that were in the frame.
Motivations: My motivation for this piece was trying to recreate the image that i took on my phone. I wanted to be able to better capture what i was looking at while waiting for the bus.
Context: I don't think that my work relates to an artist but i might be wrong. I feel my piece brings a different view to bus stops. Most people don't look at bus stops as beautiful, but i feel my photograph does capture the beauty of a bus stop.


Image 2(Circle with trees)"
Composition: In this piece i was trying to capture nature area within a given structure. I had to stand inside this sculpture in a specific spot in order to get the image that i want.
Concept: I think my image is about viewing a scenery through something else or through someone's eyes.
Method: I was walking back to my dorm when i thought it would be an interesting picture but i thought it did not fit one the prompts that we were given. It was not until i talked with the teacher and realized i could use it for the one prompt. So i went back to the structure and took more pictures. I had to position myself a certain way in order to get the outline of the circle.
Motivations: I was walking down bogue and i pass this structure all the time and never take pictures of it so i finally wanted to take a picture of it but not a typical picture so i took one that was a little different. Since it does not incompass the whole sculpture.
Context: I think that my piece is somewhat cultural because this structure is seen by everyone that walks by or goes into wharton.

Image 3(Railroad sign):
Composition: I wanted to be able to capture the railroad in an unusal angle. So i lowered my camera some and tilted it up at the sign. This creates a different space around the sign compared to the shots that were straight on.
Concept: This image was one from my set of railroad tracks. My concept for the piece was to capture things in somewhat a different view then we normally see it in.
Method: I mainly went to the railroad tracks to take photos of the rails but then when i was done with that i decided to take a picture of the sign and i decided at that moment that i did not want to take it straight on. I kind of just snapped a couple of pictures and then went on my way.
Motivations: I am always crossing the railroad tracks to get my car so that was my motivation to take the pictures of it.
Context: I feel like this work is somewhat historical because when trains first came about people were always taking picture of them. Now and days it does not seem like many people even notice them. Hence why i decided to take pictures of it.

Image 4(Silhoutte):
Composition: With this image i wanted to capture the outline of the trees as well as the sculpture and other items that were in the courtyard. i wanted to try to incorporate as much stuff as possible so that i would not be too much details to worry about.
Concept: My concept was not focusing on the details of the object but instead the greater skem of it. I think that i achieved this as best that i could.
Method: This again was one of those images where i saw the scene and i really wanted to capture it because i thought it was interesting.
Motivation: Was to capture what i saw the best that i could when i saw it.
Context: This could be somewhat a social piece. maybe historical. The sculpture that is in my piece people do not like that much. The reason for them no liking it is because it was placed in the courtyard where people hang out and play games. The sculpture has been vandalized a few times since it has been up but i would have to say i like the sculpture but not where it is placed.

No comments:

Post a Comment