Monday, November 15, 2010

Blog #23

1. In what ways do you “construct” your identity? In what ways do you “perform” in your daily life?
 Whenever people pose i feel like they are constructing their reality. It is the same things pretty much for performing in your daily life. Some people put on certain acts for different people.

2. Describe some ways in which your personal culture and social environments are “constructed”.
 My personal culture is somewhat constructed because it is influenced by my parents. I love things from the 70s and my parents grew up during this time. I mean if you think about it, it seems as though everything in out lives is somewhat constructed in one one or another.

 3. Describe some ways in which your physical environment/space is “constructed”.
 My physical space could be considered constructed because some people might look at my room and think that it is something that is constructed for the benefit for other people even though it is for my own benefit.

4. In your daily life, what would you consider to be “real” and what would you consider to be “constructed/fabricated”?
I dont know for sure what i would consider real or constructed. I think that most of what is in my world is real and not constructed but i am sure that it would change depending on who was looking at my world. 
5. Describe a narrative tableaux that you might create to be captured by a photograph. A narrative tableaux can be defined as “Several human actors play out scenes from everyday life, history, myth or the fantasy of the direction artist” ( Constructed Realities: The Art of Staged Photography Edited by Michael Kohler , 34).
I feel like it would be interesting to try and create a fight between too people. The first image would show them perfectly fine. but then they would get up set and things would change and their facial expressions in each of the images could show what they are feeling which in turn could possible explain what is happening. 
6. Describe an idea for a photograph that includes a miniature stage or still life. A description of such an image is “The tableaux reconstructs events as in the narrative tableaux, but in miniaturized format, using dolls and other toy objects” (Kohler, 34). 
I thought about creating a miniature stage with my nieces dolls. I would create an everyday situation with the dolls but it would be with this perfect body images that everyone typically sees.

No comments:

Post a Comment